Know Before You Go
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR 2022 BOOKED GUESTS
Thank you for booking the 2022 Soul Train Cruise, we look forward to seeing you on The Hippest Trip at Sea! Below are important details and dates to keep in mind as you plan your upcoming vacation.
As a charter cruise guest, you have two important numbers tied to your sailing:
- A Reservation Number from StarVista LIVE (SVL) is assigned once your booking was confirmed either via phone or online. Access your SVL account any time by clicking here to manage your guest information, payments, insurance and SVL add-ons for this and future cruises.
- A Booking Number from Holland America Line (HAL). SVL will email your Booking Number approximately 60 days prior to sailing and it will be posted in your SVL account for your convenience. With your HAL booking number, you will need to go to hollandamerica.com to complete the check-in online process no later than 72 hours prior to the cruise and download the Navigator App on your phone or tablet. Not only will your mobile boarding pass be available there, but you can also manage premium dining, spa and shore excursions reservations, review deck plans and read more information regarding your account with Holland America.
- NOTE please keep an eye on your email in the coming weeks as we will be sending you your HAL booking number that you will use to check-in online.
Remember, as guests on Holland America Line, not everything we do to make this cruise so special and unique for you will appear in the Navigator App. So, take a moment to familiarize yourself with our important details regarding the Soul Train Cruise Below. There’s a handy search bar at the top right of the page to help you find additional information available!
You will also find our onboard schedule of events approximately 30 days prior to sailing under “Performance Schedule.”
IMPORTANT DATES, LOCATIONS, AND TIMES
What are the sailing dates, location of the ship and my arrival time to the terminal?
- DEPARTURE DATE: Saturday, January 22, 2022
- DEPARTURE CITY: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- SHIP: Holland America Line Nieuw Amsterdam
- EMBARKATION/TERMINAL: Port Everglades (see port signs for terminal location)
- SHIP DEPARTURE TIME: 5:00 p.m.
- RETURN DATE: Saturday, January 29, 2022 RETURN TIME: 7:00 a.m. (all times are EST)
ONLINE CHECK-IN AND PRE-CRUISE REQUIREMENTS
What requirements must be completed prior to boarding?
- Complete Online Check in: As stated above, your booking number will be emailed to you and available in your StarVista LIVE account approximately 60 days prior to sailing. Log in to hollandamerica.com. All guests must complete the Vaccine Attestation, accept the Passage Contract and Risk Acknowledgment forms and complete the online check in 72 hours before embarkation. You also must complete the pre-cruise Health Questionnaire (available 72-24 hours before you embark the ship) as part of the online check-in process. You’ll be asked to reconfirm your answers when arriving at the port. This questionnaire, your boarding pass and your check-in time will be available on the Navigator App.
- Download the Holland America Line Navigator APP: This is your essential tool for pre-cruise tools and forms, boarding passes, embarkation updates, onboard experiences and more. Learn more here.
- Negative COVID-19 Test: It is our guests’ responsibility to comply with the current Holland America Line testing policy. All fully vaccinated guests must produce a negative, medically observed, viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 2 days of their embarkation. It’s critical that you have your test results with you upon your arrival to the terminal. We will not be able to accommodate guests without proof of a negative, medically observed, test.
- Proof of Vaccination: It is our guests’ responsibility to comply with the current Holland America Line vaccination policy. Using the Navigator mobile app or online check-in, guests will be required to attest that they are fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise, and bring original proof of vaccination to cruise check-in.
How do I do online check-in?
- Click here to be taken to the check in page on HollandAmerica.com. Enter your Holland America Line Booking Number that was emailed to you. It is the 6-digit alphanumeric character code.
- Follow the instructions (please have your passport handy to complete this process). It will take about 10-15 minutes to fully complete your online check-in.
- Sign the ACKNOWLEDGEMENT & ACCEPTANCE OF RISKS FOR COVID-19 form available on the online check-in page. You will not be able to sail if this form has not been signed/agreed to.
- Print the luggage tags and adhere to your luggage when you arrive at the terminal. Please DO NOT apply to luggage before your flight in case they rip or tear off en route.
- Deadline to check in online is close of business on January 18, 2022 (EST).
- Download the free Holland America Line Navigator App to see your boarding pass
What is the Holland America Line Navigator App? Why do I need it?
This is your essential tool for pre-cruise tools and forms, boarding passes, embarkation updates, onboard experiences and more. Learn more here.
What time can I arrive to the terminal and what do I need to present?
Holland America Line will assign check-in times for arrival to the terminal. Upon completion of your online check-in, if the time shows "To Be Assigned" it will be assigned soon. Please download the Navigator App for updates and to access to your digital boarding pass and more.
All guests must wear a mask during embarkation in the cruise terminal. Physical distancing will be managed in the cruise terminal as guests arrive and check-in. For the health and safety of all, guests arriving to the terminal more than 20 minutes prior to their assigned check-in time will be asked to return at their designated time in order to maintain proper controls on capacity.
IMPORTANT ITEMS THAT NEED TO BE PRESENTED AT TERMINAL
- Boarding Pass: Navigator App or printed form
- Passport, Identification & Visa documents: Holland America Line requires ALL guests to PRESENT A VALID PASSPORT from their country of origin at embarkation. There are no substitutes for this requirement. A valid passport is one that expires more than six months after the date the cruise disembarks. Since the date of disembarkation is January 29, 2022, all passports must be valid through July 29, 2022. Guests with non-US passports are responsible for obtaining whatever required visas necessary to disembark at any and all of the ports of call. Visit state.gov for identification, visa and vaccination requirements.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
The original proof of vaccination should clearly show the guest’s name on the vaccination card matching their photo ID, the dates of vaccine doses (final dose must have been received at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise), and the name of facility administering the vaccination.
- Negative, COVID-19 test and required documents
ALL fully vaccinated guests are required to produce a negative, medically observed, viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 2 days of their embarkation. It’s critical that you have your test results with you upon your arrival for sailings.
TRANSPORTATION FROM AIRPORT TO THE TERMINAL
- Holland America Line shuttle service. ($19/person from Fort Lauderdale airport and $29/person from Miami airport, each way). Please call Holland America Line at 866-929-2332 to make these reservations.
- Taxi from Fort Lauderdale airport (approximately $25).
- Taxi from Miami airport (approximately $85).
- StarVista LIVE does not offer a shuttle from the airport to any hotel prior to our cruise departure. We suggest taking a taxi, rideshare like Uber or Lyft or booking travel through your airline and/or hotel.
It is your responsibility to arrive at the ship in time for the departure and to secure your transportation at the end of your cruise.
TRANSPORTATION FROM RIVERSIDE HOTEL FORT LAUDERDALE TO THE TERMINAL
For just $19 per person, we have private motorcoach transportation available. You will need to bring your luggage down to the lobby and transportation helpers will assist you in loading your luggage into box trucks at the hotel and delivered to the terminal. Please make sure your bags are properly tagged with Holland America luggage tags and loaded onto the box truck before you board the motorcoach.
To purchase this service simply log in to your StarVista LIVE account and add Hotel Transfer to Cruise Pier to your reservation by January 19th. Day of walk-ups will not be allowed.
This service is only offered from the Riverside Hotel Fort Lauderdale
Transfers are not included in the cost of the hotel and will be charged to the credit card on file connected to your StarVista LIVE account. For information or assistance, call us at 844-266-7685 (SOUL).
LONG TERM PARKING AT THE PIER
- Port Everglades offers on-site covered parking for $15 per day. Please follow the signs to the midport garage.
- Handicap parking is complimentary only if there are ADA modifications done to the vehicle such as: hand controls, extended pedals, wheelchair ramp, etc. Also, 100% Disabled Veterans with ADA license placard will receive complimentary parking.
- For more information go to https://www.porteverglades.net/cruise/parking/
PREMIER CRUISE PARKING
- Self-uncovered parking with free shuttle to cruise ship terminal.
- Call 800-435-3195 and use rate code STC22 to get a special rate of $9.50 per day. This also includes a courtesy round-trip shuttle to the cruise terminal. Reservations must be made up to 14 days prior to the departure date to get the special Soul Train Cruise rate.
SOUL TRAIN CRUISE ATTIRE
What do I wear? Can you suggest packing tips?
The overall dress theme for the cruise is “smart casual.”
Daytime attire is not subject to limitations, so guests may dress in appropriate and tasteful clothing of their choosing. Coverups and footwear are required in all venues and dining areas.
Evening attire is subject to the dress theme for that particular evening. For six of the seven nights the evening dress theme is “smart casual,” which means no shorts, tank tops or T-shirts in the main dining room or premium restaurants. Jeans are acceptable attire for the “smart casual” evenings. Our formal night is Dress to Impress on Sunday. Our nightly themes offer you a chance to dress up in theme-appropriate clothing (e.g., white night, funk costumes) most nights.
PARTIES AND NIGHTLY THEMES
What are some of the parties and the theme nights?
The Soul Train Cruise will host a wide variety of gatherings and festive events. While it is not mandatory to dress in keeping with the theme, we do encourage you to have some fun and plan some outfits!
SATURDAY, JANUARY 22 | FORT LAUDERDALE
Welcome Aboard Party: Join the Urban Guerilla Orchestra on the Lido Deck on Deck 9, Midship for fun and dancing as we get the cruise started when we depart from Ft. Lauderdale.
Nightly Theme - Welcome to the 2022 Soul Train Cruise: No special outfits required. Get unpacked and settled in for the week ahead.
SUNDAY, JANUARY 23 | AT SEA
Annual T-Shirt Party: The official kickoff party of every Soul Train Cruise! Great live music and selected complimentary drinks on the Lido Deck, 9 midship when you come dressed in your 2022 Soul Train Cruise T-Shirt.
Nightly Theme - Dress to Impress: Tonight we want to see you in your best formal attire - gowns and tuxedos, top hats and sequins show us your best self!
MONDAY, JANUARY 24 | COSTA MAYA
Nightly Theme - Super Heroes & Movie Characters: A fun new costume night where you disguise yourself as your favorite Super Hero or movie character from the 1970s - 1980s.
TUESDAY, JANUARY 25 | COZUMEL
Nightly Theme - White Night: A Soul Train Cruise favorite! We can’t wait to see you in your finest white attire for a night of dancing and fun.
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 26 | BELIZE CITY
Nightly Theme - Represent Night: It’s that easy… Throw on your favorite sports jersey, college Greek gear or a little hometown spirit and represent.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 27 | AT SEA
Nightly Theme - Funk Night: Put on your boogie shoes, it’s time to get down tonight!
FRIDAY, JANUARY 28 | AT SEA
Nightly Theme - Farewell Night: A celebration of the bittersweet feelings for the last night of a wonderful cruise. Wear whatever is still clean.
THE SOUL TRAIN CRUISE PROGRAMMING
Will I get to see a schedule of shows and events before the cruise?
To help you better prepare, we will post our onboard show and events schedule on our website in early January. We hope this enables you to better plan your days and schedule dining around the events you want to attend. Check back regularly for any updates as we fine-tune our time onboard.
During the course of the cruise, we will continue to have special contests and events:
- Gospel Shows with the Urban Guerilla Orchestra: Clifton Davis will again serve as minister and host at A Soul Train Cruise Sunday Service with surprise performers.
- 2022 Soul Train Cruise T-Shirt Party: Join us on Sunday for a high-energy show with the funky grooves of The Dazz Band. Wear your official 2022 Soul Train Cruise T-Shirt to enjoy select complimentary soda, punch, beer and wine during the show.
- Comedy Nights: Two hilarious comedians for the Soul Train Cruise this year—Trenton Davis & Isiah Kelly will be performing onboard and have you rolling in the aisles howling with laughter.
- Gameshows: We are bringing back our guest talent show Going, Going Gonged. So, if you have a hidden talent you want to share, start preparing now. Sign-up times will be announced aboard the ship. Please ensure that you have your own backing materials and tracks. Each participant will be allowed two minutes to perform. Other exciting new celebrity-interactive gameshows are being prepared too so brush up on your knowledge of lyrics and song titles!
THE MAINSTAGE PERFORMANCES
Every guest will have the opportunity to see a nightly show in the Mainstage based upon the designated showtime.
To ensure that the entry and seating procedure is both fair and easy, we have adopted the following policies and procedures:
- You must present your Stateroom Key Card to the ushers at the entrance to enter The Mainstage for the appropriate show time.
- There are four entrances to The Mainstage, two on Deck 2 and two on Deck 3. No other entrance is available for guests.
- Doors will open for each show approximately 30 minutes before scheduled showtime. Seats are not assigned and can be selected on a first-come first-served basis.
- Guests are advised to come to the theater with their entire party as we don’t allow the saving of seats.
- Guests who interfere with the fair and safe entry into The Mainstage may risk forfeiting their rights to attend that show or other shows. Our goal is to provide the best entertainment experience for all our guests, and we request that you treat all guests and staff with respect. Any behavior that disrupts the enjoyment of other guests will result in removal from the show by security staff.
- The taking of flash photos and the recording of the shows violates our contracts with the performers. Since it is impossible to easily discern what type of equipment can record, no electronic equipment of any kind will be allowed in The Mainstage during shows.
What are the dining choices onboard? What does the color on my Stateroom Key Card mean?
- On embarkation day January 22, your Stateroom Key Card will be in your stateroom mailbox. Your Stateroom Key Card will be color-coded for either early (GOLD) or late (BLUE) dining
- Early (GOLD) dining begins at 6:00 p.m. and late (BLUE) dining begins at 8:30 p.m.
- Guests who previously made table requests with our office will receive a letter in their stateroom on embarkation day with the assigned table number. These guests should enter the Upper Dining Room on Deck 3.
- All other seating will be open, meaning that once guests have their full party together, they should proceed to the Lower Dining Room on Deck 2 to be seated.
- In the spirit of the Soul Train Cruise, guests with smaller parties may be seated with other guests.
- Please visit the Holland America Line website or Navigator App to view the complete Dining (included in fare) and Fine Dining (additional cost) options on board.
- Reservations for Fine Dining (additional cost) are recommended and can easily be made through the Holland America Line website or Navigator App once you complete your Online Check-in or from your stateroom.
How do I purchase a beverage package?
Beverage packages are available through Holland America Line. They can be purchased on their website here once you have your Holland America booking number, which will be emailed to you approximately 60 days prior to sailing.
Please note: All guests in a stateroom must purchase the same package. If you are interested in purchasing a beverage package before boarding, please contact Holland America Line at 800-541-1576.
Will we be able to book shore excursions?
Once you have completed your online check-in, you can book excursions directly at Holland America Line. Click “Already Booked” and login with My Account
Choose your tour times, book tours and receive confirmation of your shore excursion reservations up until three days before sailing. Make your payment online and receive approximate tour departure times. Reservations made online receive priority handling and are processed prior to requests made on board. We recommend booking as early as possible because many of the popular excursions sell out quickly.
Other than drink and Spa service charges, all tips for servers, cabin stewards, etc., have been pre-paid. However, please feel free to reward exemplary service with the internationally recognized sign of gratitude: “tipping.”
HOSPITALITY AND SALES AREAS
Our Hospitality Desk is located on Deck 1 Midship across from Guest Services. Our sales office is located on Deck 3 Forward in the Hudson Room. Hours will be listed in the souvenir program and daily program delivered to your stateroom. Please stop by to say hello! It’s always great to put a face with a voice.
T-SHIRT ONBOARD DELIVERY AND EXCHANGES
Your 2022 t-shirt will be delivered to your stateroom on Night 1.
Our Hospitality Desk on Deck 1 Midship will be open for exchanges on Saturday evening and Sunday morning before the T-shirt party. Hours of operation will be posted on board. Please bring your T-shirt with you and we will happily exchange it, pending availability.