Travel Agent - Terms and Conditions
StarVista LIVE Travel Agents
- Commissions may be earned from the sale of cabins on StarVista LIVE Cruises only by registered StarVista LIVE Agents. No travel agent, agency, or group leader will be entitled to earn commissions. Please note that registration is free and must be completed for every StarVista Live Season.
- All Invoices and Cruise Documents will be sent either to the Agent or to the guest, as directed by the Agent, but no Cruise Documents will be sent unless, and until there has been, full payment for the applicable Cruise.
- Commissions will be paid within 30 days of the cruise return date, again, providing that full payment has been received for the reservation. No commission will be paid without an appropriate tax form on file.
- Agent may not “net” their commission when submitting payment on behalf of a guest. Unless and until full payment is received, SVL shall not be required to pay any commission to Agent.
- Agent may submit the appropriate tax form and earn commission up to three months after the cruise date completion. Commissions will not be paid to any Agent that submits a tax form three or more months after the cruise completion date.
- Any person that has booked directly with, and sailed on, a StarVista LIVE cruise within the previous 2 years of the date of the reservation is considered a StarVista LIVE “House Account” and therefore any sale thereto is non-commissionable. Commissionable cabins for each cruise may be capacity controlled, both as to number of cabins for sale and types of cabins for sale.
- Commission to be paid to the Travel Agent is 10% per eligible passenger.
- Travel Agents have the opportunity to earn Tour Conductor allowances. For every 15 berths sold, based on double occupancy, (triples and quads do not count in the berth count), the Travel Agent shall earn 1 berth to use on a sailing. The Travel Agent is responsible for all taxes and fees when using this berth. The berth awarded shall be the cabin category most represented by the berths sold. Berths may be used on any StarVista LIVE cruise in the current season based on availably. Berths must be used in the season they are earned.
- Bonuses will be issued at the end of the StarVista LIVE season to account for Travel Agents who more than one StarVista LIVE product. The bonuses will be $1,000 upon $100,000 in aggregate sales and $500 upon $150,000 in aggregate sales. This bonus level shall not exceed $1,500. In addition, if a Travel Agent does not use their earned berths as described in section 8, the published base rate will be paid as a bonus to the Travel Agent for un-used berths. In addition to the most common category of cabin sold, the base rate awarded will be determined based on which cruise the Travel Agent sold the most berths.
- Agent will not earn commission on their own cabin, nor can they earn a commission on another Agent’s cabin.
- For every commissionable cabin the StarVista LIVE agent sells, that agent shall receive 2% discount off their personal cabin purchased at the full fare price (maximum 10%), thereby allowing the agent to earn the equivalent of a 10% commission on their personal cabin.
- Should a reservation initiated by any Agent cancel for any reason whatsoever, StarVista LIVE reserves the right to recall all commissions due or paid.
- In submitting credit card payment on behalf of the guest, the Agent acknowledges and represents that they have full authority to charge the client’s account and they hold the client’s “signature on file”.
- Deposits and Final Payments are the responsibility of the Agent on behalf of the booked clients. Please contact the StarVista LIVE Travel Manager at 313-203-1064 for information on our Sail Away Payment Plan and other payment arrangements. Please note that, with any of the StarVista LIVE payment plans, all payments are non-refundable.
- Purchase of travel insurance is highly recommended. Though a guest may purchase travel insurance directly from the Agent, StarVista LIVE reserves the right to require written evidence of either the purchase or the informed rejection of travel insurance.
- By completing the registration form, Agent agrees to comply with and be bound by the aforementioned terms and conditions, which may change at any time by posting notice on the StarVista LIVE Cruise web sites.