Information for 2017 Booked Guests
Celebrity’s online check-in is now open at www.celebritycruises.com. Enter your Celebrity Booking Number listed on your confirmation letter and any additional information requested. If you need assistance, please call our office at 844-266-7685. Once you have checked in online, you are able to book excursions, make spa, dinner reservations and more. We strongly recommend passengers complete their check-in online. It will greatly speed up the boarding process in the terminal. Deadline to check-in online is close of business March 1, 2017. If you do not complete online check-in, you will be required to complete this process at the pier on March 4th.
If you would like to review your existing booking click on the 'Review Booking' button below. From there you can click on 'View Your Account' and sign into your existing reservation.
If you need help, please call our office and one of our reservations will be happy to assist you.
- Phone: (844) 266- 7685
- Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm EST
TRAVEL DOCUMENTS & IMPORTANT INFORMATION
We are excited that the Soul Train Cruise is almost here! Please review the information below to ensure you are familiar with everything related to your reservation. Please contact us at 844-266-7685 if you have questions.
- Your confirmation letter lists your Celebrity Booking Number, Cabin Number, T-shirt Size, Show and Dining Times
- Blu or Luminee dining instructions, if applicable
- Insurance confirmation, if purchased
- Missing the 2017 Soul Train T-shirt(s)? Fear not! Due to the number of size exchanges and potential loss in mailing, we have decided to deliver them to you on the ship! They will be in your staterooms upon embarkation on March 4th (one per guest based on the size submitted).
IMPORTANT DATES, LOCATIONS AND TIMES
|Departure Date: Saturday, March 4, 2017|
|Departure City: Ft. Lauderdale, FL|
|Ship Departure Time: 4:00 pm EST|
|Embarkation/Pier: Pier 25|
|Ship: Celebrity Summit|
|Boarding Commencement Time: 11:30 am EST|
|Mandatory Boarding Time: All Guests must be on the ship no later than 2:30 pm|
|Return Date: Saturday, March 11, 2017|
|Return Time: 7:00 am EST|
CELEBRITY ONLINE CHECK-IN
Celebrity’s online check-in is now open at www.celebritycruises.com. Enter your Celebrity Booking Number listed on your confirmation letter and any additional information requested. If you need assistance, please call our office at 844-266-7685. Once you have checked in online, you are able to book excursions, make spa, dinner reservations and more. We strongly recommend passengers complete their check-in online. It will greatly speed up the boarding process in the terminal. Deadline to check-in online is close of business March 1, 2017. If you do not complete Online Check-in, you will be required to complete this process at the pier on March 4th.
Celebrity requires guests to PRESENT a VALID PASSPORT book from their country of origin at check-in. There are no substitutes for this requirement. A valid passport is one that expires more than 6 months after the date the cruise disembarks. Since the date of disembarkation is March 11, 2017, all passports must be valid through September 11, 2017. Guests with Non-US passports are responsible for obtaining whatever visas they need to disembark at any and all of the ports-of-call.
TRANSPORTATION FROM THE FLORIDA AIRPORTS TO THE PIER:
Suggested ground transportation options to get you to/from Port Everglades terminal:
- Celebrity Cruises offers arrival shuttle service and departure shuttle service: To book transfers prior to the cruise please call Celebrity Cruises call center at 800-963-0311 and mention you are sailing with the Soul Train Cruise.
- Taxi from Ft. Lauderdale airport. (Approximately $25).
- Taxi from Miami airport. (Approximately $75).
NOTE: Port Everglades is approximately 15 minutes away from the Fort Lauderdale airport and approximately 40 minutes away from the Miami airport. It is your responsibility to arrive at the ship in time for the departure and to secure your transportation at the end of our cruise.
TRANSPORTATION FROM THE RENAISSANCE HOTEL TO THE PIER:
Start your cruise stress free! Our convenient and comfortable motor coaches will take guests from the official Soul Train Cruise guest hotel, the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel, straight to Port Everglades.
For just $14 per person, your luggage will be loaded onto trucks at the hotel and delivered to the terminal for you.
To advance register for this service or for more information call our StarVista LIVE reservationist team at 844-266-7685. Pre-registration will be available until Friday, March 3rd. After that time, StarVista LIVE representatives will be in the lobby of the Renaissance Hotel on March 3rd and morning of March 4th to register any guests interested in this service. The fee will then be added to your shipboard account.
Parking at the Pier:
There is convenient, safe and secure parking available at Port Everglades while you’re away on your cruise. Visit http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/ or call 954-523-3404 for more information.
BOARDING THE SHIP:
Boarding will commence at approximately 11:30am. Lunch will be served in the Oceanview Café on deck 10 starting around noon. Carry all essential personal items (medications, passport, id, etc.) with you when you board. Please keep in mind that the luggage delivery operations will run into the evening hours.
Celebrity ships are designated as non-smoking. However, cigarette, cigar and pipe smoking is permitted in designated outdoor areas of the ship. Smoking is not permitted in any dining venue, casino, theater, lounge, hallway, elevator, or corridor. This policy includes smoking-like products such as electronic cigarettes. Smoking is not permitted inside any stateroom, nor on any stateroom veranda. If you are in violation of this policy, a cleaning fee of $250.00 USD will be applied to your SeaPass® account and you may be subject to further action. Cigarettes, cigars and pipe tobacco must be properly disposed of and never thrown overboard. You must be at least 18 years of age to purchase, possess or use tobacco onboard.
TIPPING ON BOARD
Other than drink service charges, all tips for servers, cabin stewards, etc. have been pre-paid. However, please feel free to reward exemplary service with the internationally recognized sign of gratitude: “tipping”.
HOSPITALITY & SALES AREAS
The StarVista LIVE staff, including some of the very same folks whom you have been working with to make your reservations and answering your questions all year, will be there to assist you. Please stop by and say hello! The Soul Train Cruise Hospitality Desk is located on Deck 3 Midship next to Celebrity Cruises Guest Services. Having so much fun that you want to book another cruise? Our StarVista LIVE sales office location and hours will be listed in the Daily Program delivered to your stateroom.
Our hospitality desk will be open for size exchanges on Saturday and Sunday morning before the t-shirt party at the pool. If your t-shirt is damaged or doesn’t fit, we will happily exchange for a different size, pending availability.
WHAT DO I WEAR ON THE CRUISE
The overall dress theme for the cruise is “smart casual”.
- Daytime attire is not subject to limitations, so guests may dress in whatever appropriate and tasteful clothing of their choosing. Cover-ups and footwear are required in all venues and dining areas.
- Evening attire is casual attire. Casual Attire is upscale clothing typically worn at fine resorts (sometimes called “smart” or “resort” casual), but no shorts, tank tops or t-shirts. Denim is acceptable attire on this cruise. On the Soul Train Cruise we like to dress to reflect our feelings about the music of this cruise. Our late night themes offer you a chance to dress up in theme appropriate clothing most nights.
In addition to the Theme Nights, during the course of the cruise we will have the following special events:
- Renewal of Vows - $48.50/couple. Unique to StarVista LIVE cruises, we offer a special celebrity-led renewal of vows for Soul Train guests celebrating an anniversary or those couples that just want to celebrate being in love. This special reception includes a photo with the celebrity officiant, certificate, cake and champagne toast. Availability is limited. Call 844-266-7685 to pre-register or for more information. To sign up onboard, stop by the Soul Train Hospitality Desk on Deck 3 Midship.This cost will be added to your shipboard account.
- Wine tasting. Peabo Bryson will join the Celebrity Summit sommelier in the Dining Room, Deck 4 for a wine tasting and soul food pairing. For just $39.99, you will enjoy this knowledgeable and fun hour learning about wine and what soul food pairs well. 100% of all proceeds collected support the Don Cornelius Foundation. Availability is limited. Call 844-266-7685 to pre-register or for more information. To sign up onboard, stop by the Soul Train Hospitality Desk on Deck 3 Midship. This cost will be added to your shipboard account.
- Special Q&As are in store! All Access Pass Live Interviews. Join our celebrity cruise hosts, Angela Stribling and Stephen Hill in the RendezVous Lounge at 4:00pm daily to learn more and ask questions of some the artists of this love, peace & soul generation.
- T-shirt Party - Join us at the pool on Sunday with our Soul Train Cruise Party Band for a high energy show. Wear your official 2017 Soul Train Cruise t-shirt to enjoy complementary soda, punch, beer and wine during the show.
PARTIES /LATE NIGHT THEMES
Each evening, and on Sunday afternoon, we will accent our music with a theme, which we hope you will enjoy. While it is not mandatory to dress in the theme, we encourage you to have some fun and plan some outfits! The themes are as follows:
- Saturday, March 4, Ft. Lauderdale:
- Sail-away Party – Join Urban Guerilla Orchestra the Lido Pool on Deck 10 for fun and dancing as we get the cruise started when we depart from Ft. Lauderdale.
- Nightly Theme: Welcome to the 2017 Soul Train Cruise – No special outfits required. Get unpacked and settled in for the week ahead.
- Sunday, March 5, At Sea:
- T-shirt Party! – Time to party day and night! An afternoon of great live music with FREE drinks at the Lido Pool when you come dressed in your 2017 Soul Train Cruise t-shirt.
- Nightly Theme: White Night – A Soul Train Cruise favorite! We can’t wait to see you in your finest white attire for a night of dancing and fun.
- Monday, March 6, Belize City, Belize:
- Nightly Theme: Pa-JAM-a Party - Put on your PJs (appropriate and tasteful attire required) and meet us under the stars for a pajama party on the Lido Deck.
- Tuesday, March 7, Cozumel, Mexico:
- Nightly Theme: Sports Jersey Night: It’s that easy… Throw on your favorite sports jersey and support your team.
- Wednesday, March 8, At Sea:
- Nightly Theme: Funk Night: Put on your boogie shoes, it’s time to get down tonight!
- Thursday, March 9, At Sea:
- Nightly Theme: Formal Night: From funky to formal, this is your night to shine. Bring out your chicest outfit and dress to impress.
- Friday, March 10, Freeport, Bahamas:
- Nightly Theme: Farewell Night: A celebration of the bittersweet feelings for the last night of a wonderful cruise. Wear whatever is still clean.
CELEBRITY THEATER PERFORMANCES.
The major nightly shows will be performed in the Celebrity Theater, which comfortably holds half of our guests. For this reason, every performer will perform twice during the week, sometimes on different days. Admission to these shows will be divided between those holding Silver Identification Cards (those who dine at Early Seating and then go to the show) and those holding Gold Identification Cards (those who go to the show first and then dine at the Late Seating).
Celebrity Theater Policies and Procedures
To ensure that the entry and seating procedure for the Soul Train Cruise is both fair and easy, we have adopted the following policies and procedures.
- There are 4 entrances to the Celebrity Theater on the Summit. They include the following entry points to the Celebrity Theater: Deck 4 (Portside and Starboard) and Deck 5 (Portside and Starboard).
- You must present your Identification Card to enter the theater. This card also serves as your charge card and room key, so everyone should have that card with them at all times.
- Celebrity Summit staff will be posted at every entrance to check your Identification Card. Guests will select their seats in the Celebrity Theater on a first come, first served basis. StarVista LIVE staff will be located inside the Celebrity Theater to assist with any seating concerns.
- Since both the General Admission and Special Assistance Guests are admitted on a first come, first served basis, it is likely that guests will line up at the various entrances in anticipation of the shows. Guests are asked to line up in a respectful manner and each guest may reserve one (1), and only one place in line for your traveling companion. Guests who attempt to “swell the line” or otherwise interfere with the fair and safe entry into the Celebrity Theater may risk forfeiting their right to enter the Celebrity Theater for that show or other shows.
- The taking of flash photos and the recording of the shows violates our contracts with the performers. Since it is impossible to easily discern what type of equipment can record, no electronic equipment of any kind will be allowed in the Celebrity Theater during the shows.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
The airy and contemporary main restaurant, offers up to 29 exquisite selections, with most changing every night to give you a rich variety of classic and contemporary choices. Open for breakfast and dinner nightly. Lunch will be open only when were at sea.
- As you check in on March 4th, you will be given your Ship Identification Card, which will either be Silver (Early Dinner Seating) or Gold (Late Dinner Seating).
- Your selection of either Early Dinner Seating or Late Dinner Seating has been made to ensure that each seating is equal in size. Though this is important for the dining room, it is critical in terms of seating for the main shows in the Celebrity Theater. Early Dining opens at 6:00pm and Late Dining opens at 8:30pm. Late dining seating begins at 8:30pm and no guest will be sat after 9:00pm.
- Dining for each seating will be open seating, meaning that once guests have their full party together, they should proceed to the Cosmopolitan Restaurant on Deck 4 to be seated.
- In the spirit of the Soul Train Cruise, guests with smaller parties will be seated with other guests.
- Guests who have previously made dining requests with our office should proceed to the Cosmopolitan Restaurant on Deck 5 with their party, and will be seated at their assigned table.
- Please note as both dinner seatings are completely full, we will be unable to accommodate any requests to switch dinner seatings.
- If you have special dietary restrictions, please call the StarVista LIVE reservation office at 844-266-7685 by February 20th so we can inform the ship and accommodate those requests.
PREMIUM DINING OPTIONS
Café al Bacio & Gelateria
If only your local coffee shop had ocean views like these. Savor a cup of freshly brewed coffee or a delightful liqueur in this lively European-style coffee house. Or treat yourself to the gelateria, where sumptuous Italian ices and gelatos are prepared afternoon and evening. Located Deck 5. A la carte menu pricing.
Qsine® offers a culinary journey that delivers elements of surprise and delight. The James Beard featured Master Chef created Qsine to give you something you've never experienced before—on land or at sea. Our iPad® menus make your dining experience even more fun and interactive. Located Deck 11. Reservations recommended*. $45 USD per person.
Sushi On Five
Sushi on Five satisfies your craving for extremely fresh, locally sourced, lovingly handled, and authentically prepared fish and veggies. Its menu has been crafted by expert sushi chef Yoshikazu "Yoshi" Okada, originally from Japan, now a restaurateur in Hollywood. Located Deck 5. Reservations recommended.* A la carte menu pricing.
Take the traditional style and artisanal flair of Italy, add contemporary influences, and serve the cuisine in abundance. It's all part of the expansive character of Tuscan Grille. Located Deck 3. Reservations recommended.* $45 USD per person.
*Reservations can be made through www.celebritycruises.com once you have checked in online or from your stateroom once onboard.
Other dining options included in cruise fare
The perfect place to grab a quick bite, like burgers and other specialties grilled to order, while groovin’ out at the pool. Located on deck 11.
Don't let anyone tell you different: soaking up the sun’s rays and attending all these concerts really works up an appetite. Luckily, Oceanview Café is located just a short walk from the pool on deck 10. Enjoy a delicious meal in a casual setting, before you head back to the music.
With a menu that features delicious, light, health-conscious fare, the Spa Café located on deck 10 in the Solarium is a great way to reward yourself any time of day or night.
*24-hour In-Room Dining
Celebrity offers 24-hour in-stateroom dining. For Suite guests, it’s complimentary* 24 hours a day.
For non-suite guests, this service is complementary, except when ordered between 11:00pm – 6:00am. There is a nominal fee per room service orders during these late night hours.
BAR SERVICE OFFERINGS
Beverage Packages: Celebrity Cruises has several alcoholic and non-alcoholic Beverage Packages ranging in price. For more information on these packages, including the price and package offerings, visit the Celebrity Cruises website.
Inspired by the vineyards of the world, Cellar Masters brings to life the experience of a global wine tour, while you learn about and taste a large variety of wines from around the world. A welcoming and unique onboard environment, you'll discover new wines, receive recommendations and enrich your knowledge of the world of wine. Located on deck 5.
Martini Bar & Crush
On the totally cool, ice-topped bar, the talented bartenders prepare an intriguing menu of classic and contemporary martinis. Sit back in the contemporary plush high-back chairs and enjoy a collection of classic and rare vodkas. Located on deck 4.
Energetic, lively and casual; a large poolside spot for light and refreshing cocktails, frozen specialties and non-alcoholic offerings, from sunup to sundown. Located on deck 11.
For a break from all the action, watch the sun set on the water as we cruise to future destinations at this lo-key bar. Located on deck 10.
Canyon Ranch SpaClub®
Follow the scent of aromatic oils, the irresistible beat of a dance class, the contagious energy of a lively gym and the purr of oh-so happy spa goers - it all leads to Canyon Ranch SpaClub®, an onboard experience like no other. Located on deck 10.
- Deep Cleansing Facial – 50 minutes $135
- Vitamin Infusion Facial – 50/80 minutes $153/$220
- Purifying Vitamin Therapy – 80 minutes $275
- Canyon Ranch Massage – 50/80 minutes $140/$195
- Aromatherapy Muscle Soother – 80 minutes $200
- Acupuncture – 50 minutes $163
- Dream Ritual – 80 minutes $275
- Euphoria Ritual – 100 minutes $288
- Firming Sea Salt Body Scrub – 50 minutes $135
This is Celebrity's chic, new approach to the Internet lounge that's also the first Authorized Apple® Specialist at Sea. Here, you'll find state-of-the-art MacBook Pros® and iMacs® where you can take a class, check your email, surf the web or print a boarding pass. Certified staff will help you master the latest applications. Located on Deck 6.
Celebrity's European-inspired piazza and elegant galleria hold riches of chic sophistication. Marble walkways lead you to modern boutiques and fine jewelry stores, where you'll discover prestigious watch brands, stunning fashions, exquisite gems, cosmetics, fragrances and more. Located on Deck 5.
Go ahead, enjoy the soul food —then hit the gym and classes, so you'll stay shipshape. Take advantage of daily fitness classes, work out on the gym's state-of-the-art equipment. Have a personal consultation with a wellness professional on exercise, diet and lifestyle. Located on Deck 10.
Fortune’s Casino offers the hottest slots and table games in sophisticated, Vegas-style settings. Enjoy a variety of games for all levels. Located on deck 4.
Celebrity has created a chic new Rooftop Terrace, soundscape, and movie screen, where you can kick back and catch a flick under the stars with theme cocktails and snacks. The inviting scene welcomes you with cozy new furnishings and artistic elements. It's the trendiest hot spot at sea. Located on deck 12.
Find true poolside serenity at the Celebrity Solarium. Featuring a gorgeous lap pool, sparkling waterfalls, thick padded lounge chairs, and an adults-only policy, tranquility is always just a few steps away. Located on deck 10.
Once you have completed your online check-in, you may book your excursions directly on www.celebritycruises.com. We recommend that you book your excursions as early as possible, due to the fact that many of the more popular excursions sell out quickly. Celebrity Cruises provides confirmation at time of booking shore excursions. Here are a few recommended excursions for your consideration.
Belize City, Belize
Baymen City Tour | Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes | Activity level: Mild
Experience Belize City's urban flavor as you explore the town aboard the Chance Trolley, and discover the rich history of the city. Take part in a short play called Buccaneers of British Honduras, and then engage in the settler’s favorite pastime rum tasting as you sample a variety of Belizean rums at the Travelers Museum.
Starfish Private Island Getaway | Duration: 4 hours | Activity level: Mild
This is an exclusive private island day filled with every tropical pleasure under the sun. Relax on the sand or go for a swim in the Caribbean. Play a little beach volleyball or tug of war. Make your way to the bar for a frozen cocktail or ice-cold beer. A beachside lunch is included and the rest our private island paradise is all yours.
Chocolate Seaside Workshop, Tasting and Wine Pairing | Duration: 2 hours 45 minutes | Activity level: Mild
Venture to a beautiful seaside terrace at famous Stingray Beach to satisfy your sweet tooth at the Interactive Chocolate Workshop. With a spectacular view of the Caribbean to inspire you, you'll learn all about the origins of chocolate and ancient Aztec and Mayan processing techniques while making your own Cocoa bar. Ignite your palate as you discover the incredible pairing of chocolate and red wine, sample various types of Cocoa and enjoy a Chocolate Martini with taco snacks.
Cozumel Country Club Golf | Duration: 5 hours| Activity level: Moderate
Enjoy a round of golf on Cozumel’s first world class golf course, stretching across more than 6,800 yards from the back tees. The course incorporates ecologically sensitive areas including natural wetlands. Don’t be surprised if you see blue crabs, iguanas, crocodiles, raccoons, and multiple bird species as you enjoy your day on the green. If you’ve dreamed about playing golf on a tropical island, this excursion is a hole in one.
Mexican Cuisine Workshop & Tasting | Duration: 5 hours | Activity level: Moderate
Tantalize your taste buds with an interactive Mexican cuisine cooking class at the exceptional Playa Mia Grand Beach and Waterpark, where you’ll also enjoy the beach at your leisure. Get in the kitchen with an outstanding local chef, as you learn of Mexican culinary traditions while preparing a variety of dishes using exotic regional ingredients. Then take a seat in an oceanfront dining room and savor the three-course meal you prepared —paired with fine Mexican wines. After your culinary experience step outside and delight in free time at the beachside water park, complete with a domestic open bar serving signature cocktails, soda and coffee
Grand Bahama Island
Beach & Shopping Tour | Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes |Activity level: Mild
Enjoy the tropical climate and vibrant culture of Freeport. This tour takes you to the capital of Grand Bahama Island, a growing international business site. The Port Lucaya Marketplace is an open-air shopping and entertainment hub that overlooks the waterfront. Its filled with hand-crafted treasures. you'll visit the candle factory, and an open-air fruit market. Enjoy shoping or swimming at the beach.
All Inclusive Beach Getawayy | Duration: 4 hours 30 minutes | Activity level: Mild
Escape to a spectacularly beautiful secluded Caribbean beach where you'll bask in the sun with an ice-cold cocktail. This all inclusive beach adventure includes access to an open bar, featuring a section of local brands. Swim in the ocean or unwind on the soft sand. If you wish, rent a kayak or stand-up paddleboard and explore the coast. Or, rent snorkel gear and discover a wpr;d teeming with marine wiildlife. Browse the lovely straw market and find the perfect souvenir.
ANNOUNCING NEWS ON THE SOUL TRAIN CRUISE 2018!
We will be back on the luxurious Holland America Line for 2018! From January 27th – February 3rd, 2018, you’ll sail on the beautiful and well-appointed Nieuw Amsterdam from Ft. Lauderdale making ports of call in St. Maarten, St. Croix and Half Moon Cay. Featuring over 50 LIVE performances by Charlie Wilson, Eddie Levert of The O’Jays, Jeffrey Osborne, The Pointer Sisters, The Temptations Review featuring Dennis Edwards, The Whispers, The Spinners and many more!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER FOR YOU!
If you sailed with us before, you know…our onboard pricing will be the lowest price offered on all cabins. If you already know you want to join in the fun in 2018 (and don’t want to miss any action onboard this year), please call 844-266-7685 to book your 2018 cabin. If you prefer to speak to the team onboard, stop by the Sales Office. Location and hours of operation will be announced daily and will be provided in the Daily Program.